As the year comes to a close, I thought I’d pump out one last post for 2016. I know it has been a while since my last one (Halloween, really??) but here it goes!
2016 has been a year of up and downs for me. Lots of both! While I’ve been jumping on the 2016-sucked bandwagon, I have to admit some pretty amazing things have happened for me this year too. I’m going to take a moment to forget that some of the greatest artists of our time passed this year and recap some of the great things that happened in my personal life…
- Started this blog!
- Completed a great internship with Smoke + Ash
- Acted as an art director in my first professional shoots
- Finally bleached my hair (you’d be surprised how long I wanted to do this)
- Travelled to NYC by myself
- Spent amazing quality time with my family
- Made great new friends
- Started a new job with people I love
- Graduated from my program at college!
- Started a bachelor of commerce program
- Learned more about myself and my goals
- Travelled to Vancouver for the holidays
My Instagram Best 9 of 2016! Thank you for following along!
While I did have some lows this year, I need to focus on the highs of the year that have brought me such joy. All in all, this year I have done much more than I thought possible and have definitely grown as a person.
I don’t usually make resolutions for the year ahead, however my horoscope has prompted me numerous times to do so, so I’m taking it as a sign from the universe. They may seem quite general, but each have special meaning to me:
- Start blogging regularly (I’m gonna try real hard guys!)
- Keep in better touch with friends and family
- Learn to say “no” (I really struggle with this one!)
- Get rid of the toxic people and situations in my life
- Put myself first
- Eat more greens
What are your resolutions for 2017? I hope everyone has a wonderful, fun, and safe New Year’s Eve, and I will see you next year!
Photos courtesy of Studio Bicyclette